International Health Insurance

If you need medical insurance for a trip, go to TRAVEL.

International Insurance Options

If you are residing in Mexico, to qualify for full international health insurance coverage, you must have either a “Temporal” or “Permanente” Visa from Mexican Immigration and proof of residency here (CFE Bill in your name is simplest way). You must live LESS than 180 days in your country of origin.

Long Term medical policIes are fully underwritten and require you to be out of your resident country for more than 6 months of the year. This is major medical coverage that will pay for illnesses, medication, and accidents. To apply, you will need to fill out a health history questionnaire and depending on your answers or age you may be required to have a new health exam here in Mexico.

Option 1
VUMI Major Medical:

For an individual under 65 the application is simple and involves a review of your health history unless there are major treated conditions that need to be addressed. Individuals over 65 require a health exam. You may apply to age 75.

Option 2

  • Deductible options from $100 to $25,000
  • Coverage for individuals or families living or working abroad
  • Contract employees living and working abroad
  • Seniors with dual residencies six months or longer outside the U.S.

Option 3

For American Individuals under age 75. Accepts most pre-existing conditions. Several choices available.

Returning US Citizens need immediate temporary US insurance? Policies 90 days, renewable 3 times. *Not available in all states.